The content of this Web site, including but not limited to all information, data, text, software, music, images, sounds, photographs, video, messages and other materials, and the arrangement thereof, is the property of MECO and constitutes copyrights, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights owned or licensed by MECO. The name and logo of MECO, and the names and logos of MECO's subsidiaries or affiliated companies, that appear in this site are trademarks and trade names protected by law.
MECO hereby authorizes you to copy and display the content of this Web site for your personal, noncommercial, informational use only. Any copy you make must include this copyright notice: Copyright 2000 by Maui Electric Company, Ltd., all rights reserved. You may not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, for any purpose. Except as expressly authorized in this paragraph, you are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right in the content. Under no circumstances will you obtain any rights in the products, services, processes or technology described in the content. All those rights are retained by MECO, its affiliates and any third-party owners of those rights.
Information Provided by You
Your Registration Obligations
In consideration of your use of this Web site, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the on-line registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or MECO has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, MECO has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of this Web site (or any portion thereof).
If you have requested this option, an e-mail notification that your on-line bill is available for viewing is a courtesy and will be sent to the e-mail address you have provided us. You must ensure that the information you provide is accurate and you must notify us if your e-mail address changes. In any event, if for some reason you do not receive an e-mail notification, please understand that it is still your responsibility to periodically log on and check for the delivery of new electronic bills. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of your bill even if you do not receive an e-mail bill ready notification.
Member Account, Password and Security
You will establish a password and account designation upon completing the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify MECO of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. MECO cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
You understand that by using this Web site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will MECO be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via this Web site.
You agree to not use this Web site to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Harm minors in any way
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a MECO official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through this Web site
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of this Web site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges
- Interfere with or disrupt this Web site or servers or networks connected to this Web site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this Web site
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another
- Collect or store personal data about other users
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the content of this Web site may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through this Web site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that MECO shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this Web site.
Links to Other Sites
Disclaimer of Warranties
Although we believe the content of this Web site to be accurate, complete and current, we make no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the content. The content of this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it; we are not responsible for any reliance you may place on the content. MECO may make changes to the content and the products, services and programs described in the content at any time without notice.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MECO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTY OF QUALITY, FUNCTIONALITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OPERABILITY, USE, PERFORMANCE OR ABSENCE OF VIRUSES. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OUR WEB SITE.
MECO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MECO OR THROUGH OR FROM THIS WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS LEGAL NOTICE.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MECO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MECO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THIS WEB SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS WEB SITE.
MECO may supplement these terms at any time. You may want to visit this Web site periodically to determine the current terms to which you are bound.
Special Admonition for Content Relating to Financial Matters
If you intend to receive or request any news, messages, alerts or other information from this Web site concerning companies (including but not limited to MECO, its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates), stock quotes, investments or securities, please read the above Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability again. They go doubly for you. In addition, for this type of information particularly, the phrase "Let the investor beware" is apt. This Web site is provided for informational purposes only, and no content included in this Web site is intended for trading or investing purposes. MECO shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via this Web site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
Back to Top