The Sun Power for Schools program reached a milestone on September 30, 1997 when Maui Electric installed its first photovoltaic (PV) system on the roof of the multipurpose classroom building at Baldwin High School.
- One kilowatt (kW) rated peak
- Four 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285)
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- One kW AES inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.
BE A SUN POWER FOR SCHOOLS PARTNER
Become a partner in Hawaii's clean energy future and increase renewable education in our public schools.