Kalanianaole Elementary and Intermediate School is the nineteenth school on Oahu to receive a Sun Power for Schools photovoltaic (PV) system. On September 9 and 10, 2003 this system was installed over the shop building.
- One kilowatt (kW) rated peak
- Fourteen (14) Siemens 75-watt panels
- AC and DC disconnection switches
- 1.8 kW Sunny Boy inverter (AC output) (AC output from each module)
- Data acquisition system (data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons)
Photograph of the 1 kW PV system at Kalanianaole School.
BE A SUN POWER FOR SCHOOLS PARTNER
Become a partner in Hawaii's clean energy future and increase renewable education in our public schools.