On October 8, 1998, Campbell High School in Ewa Beach, Oahu, received Hawaiian Electric's fourth Sun Power for Schools photovoltaic (PV) system, which was installed on the roof of its shop building.
- Two kilowatts (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.)
*Note: Data is unavailable (as of March 2009) until further notice due to PV system problems. The system is currently under evaluation and troubleshooting.
BE A SUN POWER FOR SCHOOLS PARTNER
Become a partner in Hawaii's clean energy future and increase renewable education in our public schools.